Friday, August 26, 2005

HELOC's eat up Home Equity

Initially intended to smooth over unexpected expenses and provide a safety cushion in the event of emergency repairs home equity loans are now used to cover everything from discretionary purchases like telivisions and hot tubs to significant expenses Kitchen renovations and College Education.

Most HELOC borrowers assume the value of their home will go up and one day they can just sell their home and the loan will be paid off. However, with the increasing risk of a Real Estate Bubble and saturation of the housing market this assumption could put your equity in danger.












Let's say you bought your house for $175,000 but it was recently appraised for $275,000. If you were able to sell for anything close to the appraised value and you'll reap a tidy profit. Now throw a $75,000 HELOC balance into the equation. As you can see, the selling prices in your area need only sag a bit and you can be unable to net enough on the sale of your home to pay off both the mortgage and HELOC balances.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I consider that you have a literal knack for penning. Normally I read about twenty blogs a day, and skim about 30 more, so I mean it!


I'm going to be starting a website soon, about herbal tinnitus treatment (I know, it sounds strange!) but if you don't mind, I will drop you a line just to obtain a little advice.

I know that herbal tinnitus treatment has essentially nothing to do with your blog but I really like your site and style of authorship.

I hope that is Okey with you?

Thanks very much.

JJ Currie

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1-0 for Microsoft
Mike Howard at Microsoft points out in his blog concerning a recent article in Information Week that encapsulates in a nutshell why I like how Microsoft is approaching the whole subject of code security for its ...
I love this site - programy

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! If you have time see my ##business opportunities## related site. enjoy! It pretty much covers ##business opportunities## related stuff.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just came accross your blog. I enjoyed it ...you have a great blog here! I have bookmarked it.

I have a real estate San Diego site/blog. It pretty much covers real estate San Diego related stuff.

Please visite and check it out.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to bookmark your blog because I like it a lot! I've had a few sites on the web since 1995, devoted to sony ericsson cellular phone accessory; another one is devoted to sony ericsson cellular phone accessory. Got a minute? Check them out! Thanks!

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blinq | Katrina from bloggers'-eye views
"The wind is really picking up now and I hear the roof above me wobble," John Strain, a psychiatric social worker, wrote as Katrina bore down on Covington, La., yesterday.

Hello.

Interesting blog of yours. I'm going to check back often!
I have a air site travel web related page
which pretty much covers air site travel web related stuff.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous free cellular phone prepaid card said...

Hi Chris, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on sony ericsson cellular phone, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about sony ericsson cellular phone.

1:08 AM  
Anonymous sanyo cellular phone said...

Hi Chris, you have a nice blog. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on razor cellular phone when I found your page. Your site is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on razor cellular phone then drop by the site above and check it out.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mozdex Internet Search Engine
Search Popdex:
Blogarama The Blog Directory