Friday, October 28, 2005

10 steps to a Debt Free Christmas

Before the Christmas marketing machine cranks into high gear, now is the time to make your commitment to a credit free Christmas and give yourself the best gift of all…No Debt.

When you are caught up in the inevitable shopping frenzy that will soon be upon us, it will seem impossible to resist the temptation of putting one small extra gift on your credit card. The reality is unless you can pay off the bill in full when it is due, you are paying too much.

At the risk of sounding like Scrooge, here are some ideas that will save you money and hopefully make your gift giving a more personal experience.

1. Set a Christmas budget based on free cash that you have on hand – forget about Lines of Credit and Credit Cards.

2. Take your Christmas budget and find a pre-paid credit card – this way you know you have the cash to pay the bill.

3. Lock up your regular credit cards and stick to the pre-paid credit card.

4. Set a limit on the value of Gifts…explain to kids that Santa has a budget too

5. Think of a gift exchange between family members rather than buying a gift for everyone. – Most people dread the Christmas Cash Crunch and would likely welcome a more personal gift exchange.

6. A single Santa Gift for the entire family lets you control the expenditure and engage everyone in the selection process

7. For older kids, cash is king...and there are advantages, boxing day sales give more value for money and can greatly stretch your budget.

8. Boxing-day should be looked at as an opportunity to teach kids the value of money and patience. Use boxing-day as an example of how impulse purchases cost more and how being patient can pay off with savings of 25-50%.

9. Consider seasonal part-time job to make a little extra money to ease the pain on the pocket book rather than going into debt. (some stores even offer employee discounts)

10. Never shop based on the payments you can afford.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Save On Gas said...

Your blog is really cool. If you get a chance go see my Save On Gas site, it will save you money on gas. It is http://www.kbgk.com

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Save On Gas said...

Your blog is really cool. If you get a chance go see my Save On Gas site, it will save you money on gas. It is http://www.kbgk.com

12:14 PM  
Anonymous giveaways said...

Hi Chris
I have been searching for free stuff and came across your site(10 steps to a Debt Free Christmas). I thought I would post a freebie that I found. I use this site myself every week. You can get free coupons every week and you get to pick which ones you want. Check out http://Save.ca/ Hope this helps.

5:32 AM  
Anonymous the best energy drink said...

Hi Chris, I seem to have stumbled onto your blog while searching for reducing cholestrol. However I'm glad I stopped by, because although I'm really looking for reducing cholestrol, there is some interesting stuff here.

4:00 AM  
Anonymous energy said...

Hi Chris There I was just cruising the web looking for info on energy and I happened upon your site. It looks like you have put a lot of work into 10 steps to a Debt Free Christmas and congratulations, but I'm really looking for info on an amazing new energy drink.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous REPLACEMENT SHOWER FILTER.COM said...

Hi Chris. This site came up when I was doing my research for RECOMMENDED DAILY WATER INTAKE.COM. Even though my search for water related info may not end here, your site provides valuable content. I will bookmark 10 steps to a Debt Free Christmas for the moment. Thanks for the read.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous free stuff said...

Hi Chris
I was searching for giveaways and saw 10 steps to a Debt Free Christmas. I am always looking for good deals and when I do I make sure others know about it. This site lets you download over 500 recipes. Check them out at:
http://ShopperCompanies.com/freerecipes/

2:28 AM  
Anonymous BENEFITS OF DISTILLED WATER.COM said...

Great info Chris. I'm glad I stopped by for a while. I am searching for related information for WATER FILTRATION FOR KIDS.COM and found your blog. 10 steps to a Debt Free Christmas makes a good read and I'll look forward to seeing more posts.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Goodman441 said...

Thank you & thank you some more for sharing this with us. I too am on the bones of my butt, but when I finished reading your method on how this is done I made a business decision and ran with it.

We have all ready made our money back plus some in our first day.


Thank you.
Click Here

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mozdex Internet Search Engine
Search Popdex:
Blogarama The Blog Directory